Sliding sleeve fittings for PEX pipes
Work with a real manufacturer. Thanks to our condition of manufacturers our clients can buy top quality products and they can count on a more reliable service and more stable and competitive prices.
Save on your purchases of PEX pipes and fittings. Our products go from our factories to our clients warehouses with no intermediaries, so they benefit from a better price.
European made products. Blansol’s sliding sleeve fittings for PEX pipes are manufactured in our factories of Bárcena de Cicero (Cantabria) and Palau de Plegamans (Barcelone) with top quality European raw materials.
A complete PEX system. We do not only produce the sliding sleeve fittings but also the cross-linked polyethylene pipes (PEX-A and PEX-B pipes) what is a guarantee for our clients.
New PPSU fittings. Apart from the traditional brass fittings Blansol has launched a new range of PPSU made sliding sleeve fittings for its PEX pipes. Take advantage of an excellent product at an incredible price!
A certified product. Our sliding sleeve system fulfils the most demanding quality requirements and is certified by the competent Spanish and French authorities.
Description of the sliding sleeve connection system for PEX pipes (Barbi system)
Blansol’s Barbi fittings are designed to be used with crosslinked polyethylene pipes through the sliding sleeve technique.
The sliding sleeve system is the safest fitting system existing in the market.
Barbi sliding sleeve system is compatible with both cross-linked polyethylene pipes made by the peroxide method (PEX-A pipes) and with cross-linked polyethylene pipes made by the silane method (PEX-B pipes).
They have been designed and produced according with the requirements of the European Norm UNE EN ISO 15875.
Blansol offers two alternatives for its range of sliding sleeve fittings: the metallic version (brass fittings) and the plastic version (PPSU fittings).
As for the brass version, the material used is top quality European brass (CW617N) which meets the sanitary legislation of the most exigent countries of the European Union.
The material used in the plastic version (PPSU) shows important properties to be used in drinking water installations:
- Low internal rugosity. Less pressure losses compared with brass made fittings.
- High chemical resistance. The PPSU is not attacked by water chlorine. It does not show galvanic corrosion or oxidation. Additionally, it is not altered by building materials.
- Lightness. PPSU fittings are much lighter than brass made fittings.
- High impact resistance. PPSU fittings are very tough and durable. They withstand hard impacts without fracturing.
- High thermal resistance. The material withstands temperatures up to 134ºC.
- Eco-friendly production process. The production process of PPSU fittings is more eco-friendly and less intensive in energy consumption.
Advantages of Barbi sliding sleeve connection system for PEX pipes
The sliding sleeve system is the traditional connection system used by the installers in their PEX and multilayer pipes installations.
Apart from the economic advantage (the tool the sliding sleeve system requires is really cheap) and its compatibility with both PEX-A and PEX-B pipes, other advantages of Blansol’s Barbi sliding sleeve connection system are the following
- Safety of the unions. Barbi does not include spare parts that can undergo aging such as o-rings or bicones. So, the system guarantees permanent tightness.
- The water flow is not reduced. The sliding sleeve system provides higher flow tan other connection systems.
- No timeouts. The sliding sleeve system does not require any waits once the union has been made. The installation can be put in service immediately.
- Tightness guarantee. Barbi fittings meet the most demanding regulations which guarantee the tightness of the unions.
- Low leaded brass. The brass alloy used in the production of Barbi sliding sleeve fittings has low lead content and meets the most demanding European regulations concerning materials in contact with drinking water.
How to install PEX pipes with Blansol’s Barbi sliding sleeve fittings?
In this video we show you how to install cross-linked polyethylene pipes (PEX pipes) with our sliding sleeve fittings.
We remind you that Barbi sliding sleeve fittings for crosslinked polyethylene pipes can be used with both PEX-A pipes and with PEX-B pipes.
We also remind you that the assembly process you will see in this video is the same for brass made fittings and for PPSU made fittings.
As you can see the installation of PEX pipes with Barbi sliding sleeve system is really easy.
New range of PPSU fittings
In the family of the Barbi sliding sleeve fitting system for PEX pipes, Blansol has launched a range of PPSU made fittings as an alternative to the traditional brass-made fittings.
What is the PPSU?
The PPSU is a high properties polymer used at plumbing and heating installations.
The main technical advantages of the PPSU are the following:
- Mechanic resistance similar to the metals.
- Dimensional stability even at high temperatures.
- Salubrity (Healthiness) and hygiene.
Why is PPSU more competitive than brass?
Although PPSU is a very sophisticated raw material (it is used in the aerospace, chirurgic and optic industries) and, for that reason, an expensive material, it has two important advantages compared to brass:
- Lower relative density: PPSU relative density is 6,5 times lower than that of brass so with 1 kilogramme of PPSU you can produce 6,5 more fittings than with 1 kilogramme of brass.
- More efficient production process: PPSU manufacturing process is much more efficient than brass manufacturing process as it is made in one simple and automatized step with nearly no human intervention. To the contrary, brass manufacturing process has many different phases and is very labour intensive.
The consequence of these two advantages (quality of the product and more competitive price) is leading the top European companies of the plumbing and heating industry to launch ranges of PPSU fittings and to substitute the brass for PPSU made fittings.
Blansol has decided to offer both alternatives to the clients so they can decide if they prefer the traditional brass fittings of the new PPSU fittings.
Other products by Blansol
Blansol is a real PEX specialist as they do not only manufacture the sliding sleeve fittings but also the pipes. Click here to find more about Blansol’s crosslinked polyethylene pipes.
You can also have more information about other connection systems for PEX pipes:
We will be pleased to inform you about our Barbi sliding sleeve system and, in general, about our complete range of plastic pipes and connection systems.
Do not hesitate to contact us. We are sure that we can be a magnificent partner for your company and we will be glad to discuss with you about the possibilities of collaboration between our companies.
Thanks to our condition of manufacturers we can offer you a complete range of products, a reliable service and more stable and competitive prices.