The advantage of working directly with a manufacturer. Thanks to our condition of manufacturers we offer our clients top quality products, a more reliable service and more stable and competitive prices.
Save money working without intermediaries. Our clients save on their PEX and multilayer purchases as our products go from our factories to their warehouses with no intermediaries.
European made products. Our PERT-Al-PERT multilayer pipes are made in our factory of Bárcena de Cicero (Cantabria – Spain) with excellent European raw materials.
A complete multilayer system. Blansol offers a complete multilayer system as we manufacture not only 2 different multilayer pipes (PEX-Al-PEX and PERT-Al-PERT pipes) but also 3 different multilayer pipe systems: sliding sleeve, press-fitting and the push-fit system.
New PPSU made fittings. Blansol has launched to the market a new range of PPSU fittings for their multilayer pipes. We offer our clients two different alternatives, brass and PPSU, of our multilayer pipes fittings.
Certified products. Blansol’s multilayer pipes and fittings meet the most demanding quality standards. Our pipe systems are certified by European competent authorities.
Description of PERT-Al-PERT multilayer pipes
Multilayer pipe is composed of two layers of polyethylene (PERT), two layers of adhesive and an intermediate layer of aluminium.
PERT is a non-crosslinked polyethylene containing additives that provide the polyethylene with strong resistance to high temperatures. This material does not require any cross-linking process.
PERT-Al-PERT multilayer pipes are a more economical alternative compared to PEX-Al-PEX pipes as the price of the raw material used to manufacture PERT-Al-PERT pipes is cheaper and the fabrication costs lower.
Multilayer pipes are an evolution of PEX pipes. Thanks to the layer of aluminium, multilayer pipes combine the properties of plastic pipes and the advantages of metallic pipes in the same pipe.
The properties of plastic pipes are the following:
- Lack of corrosion.
- Easy to handle and to transport.
- Long lifetime.
- Competitive price.
The advantages of metallic pipes are the following:
- Resistance to high temperatures and pressure.
- Tightness to oxygen diffusion.
- Ductility. They keep the shape once they have been curved.
Blansol manufactures two types of multilayer pipes: PEX-Al-PEX multilayer pipes and PERT-Al-PERT multilayer pipes. Click here for more information about our PEX-Al-PEX multilayer pipes.
A: PERT layers | B: Adhesive layers | C: Intermediate aluminium layer
Advantages of multilayer pipes compared to other plastic pipes
Thanks to the intermediate aluminium layer, multilayer pipes meet the following advantages faced to other plastic pipes:
- Increase of the internal pressure resistance.
- Ductility. Thanks to the aluminium layer, once pipes have been curved, they keep the shape.
- Tightness to oxygen diffusion.
- Dimensional stability due to its lower expansion coefficient.
- Long life.
- Higher flow.
Properties of PERT-Al-PERT multilayer pipes
Blansol’s PERT-Al-PERT multilayer pipes have the following physical and mechanical properties:
||Max. work temperature
||Max point temperature
||Max work pressure
||10 bar a 70° C
Advantages of PERT-Al-PERT multilayer pipes compared to metallic pipes
The advantages of PERT-Al-PERT multilayer pipes compared to metallic pipes are the following:
- Frost resistance. In case of frost, multilayer pipes, thanks to their flexibility, will simply expand. This advantage avoids the break risk of metallic pipes.
- Low thermal conductivity. The low thermal conductivity of multilayer pipes produces energy savings as heat losses are reduced.
- Lightness. Multilayer pipes are lighter than metallic pipes. So, handling and transport are much easier.
- Flexibility. The flexibility of multilayer pipes saves time in the installation process.
- Noise reduction. Metallic pipes are very noisy at water speeds exceeding 1m/second. To the contrary, multilayer pipes do not make noise at lower speeds than 2,5m/second.
- Corrosion resistance. Multilayer pipes bear a great number of chemical agents (acids, bases, etc.) and are resistant to any type of corrosion.
- Long lifetime. Multilayer pipes lifetime is bigger than the lifetime of metallic pipes. The lifetime of multilayer pipes can reach 50 years, even at high temperature and pressure conditions.
- Suitable for drinking water. Multilayer pipes keep organoleptic properties of the water and its use is allowed by European Union authorities.
Advantages of Blansol’s PERT-Al-PERT multilayer pipes compared to other ultrasound overlapped multilayer pipes
The welding in Blansol’s PERT-Al-PERT multilayer pipes is “butt welded”. As a consequence, the pipe has a higher resistance to the pressure and to the tensions generated when the pipes are curved.
In the butt welded multilayer pipes, the welding line is the strongest point of the aluminium layer.
There are other multilayer pipes in the market where the aluminium layer is welded by ultrasound. In this kind of pipes the welding line is the weakest point of the aluminium layer with a worse behaviour of those pipes as for their resistance to pressure and to the efforts and tensions generated in the installation process.
For that reason, Blansol has chosen the butt welded technology to guarantee a better behaviour of our multilayer pipes.
Our range of PERT-Al-PERT multilayer pipes
The PERT-Al-PERT multilayer pipes that we offer our clients are the following:
- Nude pipes.
- Corrugated pipes.
- Insulated pipes.
We offer the nude pipes in two different formats: coils (used normally in new installations) and bars (used mainly in the renovations).
In the corrugated pipes the nude pipe is inserted in a red or blue polypropylene duct.
The corrugated duct provides an external protection to the multilayer pipe and lets its quick substitution in case of need with no need to break the wall.
In the insulated pipes an insulating layer of polyethylene foam is added to the multilayer pipe.
The advantages of the insulated multilayer pipes are the following:
- Thermal insulation of the pipe.
- Important reduction of the noises and vibrations in the installations.
- Resistance to materials used in the construction (lime, plaster, concrete…).
Fitting systems for multilayer pipes
Blansol not only manufactures multilayer pipes but also offers a complete range of multilayer pipes fitting systems. Click here for further information about our 3 fitting systems for multilayer pipes:
Please be informed that Blansol has just launched to the market new ranges of PPSU made fittings as an alternative to the traditional brass made fittings. Visit the pages of the Gladiator, Multipex and ixPress2 systems for further information about the new PPSU fittings.
Finally we remind you that Blansol manufactures 2 types of multilayer pipes: PEX-Al-PEX pipes and PERT-Al-PERT multilayer pipes. Click here for more information about Industrial Blansol’s PEX-Al-PEX pipes.
Do not hesitate to contact us for more information about our PERT-Al-PERT multilayer pipes and about the rest of our range of PEX and multilayer pipes and fittings.
We are sure that we can be an excellent partner for your company, so we are willing to discuss about the possibilities of collaboration between our companies.
Thanks to our condition of manufacturer we can offer you top quality products, a reliable service and extremely competitive prices.
Work with Blansol, forget the intermediaries and save on your PEX and multilayer purchases.