Work directly with a manufacturer. Our multilayer pipes (PEX-Al-PEX and PERT-Al-PERT pipes) and fittings (sliding sleeve, press-fitting and push-fit fittings) are made by Blansol in Spain.
Save on your PEX and multilayer purchases. Working directly with a manufacturer and buying directly from the factory without intermediaries you will buy at unbeatable prices.
European made products. Our PEX-Al-PEX multilayer pipes and fittings are made in our factories of Bárcena de Cicero (Cantabria) and Palau de Plegamans (Barcelone) with excellent European raw materials.
Multiprofile fittings. Our Multipex press-fitting system for multilayer pipes is a multiprofile system, compatible with the most commonly used profiles in Europe (RF, U, H and TH).
New PPSU fittings. Blansol has launched to the market a new range of PPSU fittings for multilayer pipes. We offer our clients two different materials, brass-made and PPSU made fittings, for their multilayer pipes.
Certified products. Our multilayer pipes systems meet the most demanding quality standards and are certified by the Spanish, French, Dutch and British authorities.
Description of PEX-Al-PEX multilayer pipes
Multilayer pipe composed of two layers of cross-linked polyethylene (PEX), two layers of adhesive and an intermediate layer of aluminium.
Multilayer pipes are an evolution of PEX pipes.
Thanks to the incorporation of a layer of aluminium, multilayer pipes combine the properties of plastic pipes and the advantages of metallic pipes in the same pipe.
Blansol manufactures two types of multilayer pipes: PEX-Al-PEX and PERT-Al-PERT multilayer pipes. Click here for more information about our PERT-Al-PERT multilayer pipes
The properties of plastic pipes are the following:
- Lack of corrosion.
- Easy to handle and to transport.
- Long lifetime.
- Competitive price.
The advantages of metallic pipes are the following:
- Resistance to high temperatures and pressure.
- Tightness to oxygen diffusion.
- Ductility. They keep the shape once they have been curved.
As indicated before, the material of the internal and external layers of PEX-Al-PEX multilayer pipes is cross-linked polyethylene (PEX).
The advantages of PEX-Al-PEX cross-linked multilayer pipes compared to other no cross-linked multilayer pipes are:
- Bigger safety of the unions. Multilayer pipes made with cross-linked polyethylene in their internal and external layers guarantee the highest safety in the unions even at high temperatures
- Get rid of the risk of leaks. Blansol’s PEX-Al-PEX multilayer pipes are designed to bear working conditions up to 95ºC and 10 bars pressure. PEX-Al-PEX pipes are an ideal product to bear the hardest working conditions and combined with our press-fitting system (Multipex) they guarantee the highest performance and the maximum safety in the installations.
A: PEX layers | B: Adhesive layers | C: Intermediate aluminium layer
Advantages of multilayer pipes compared to other plastic pipes
Thanks to the intermediate aluminium layer, multilayer pipes meet the following advantages faced to other plastic pipes:
- Increase of the internal pressure resistance.
- Ductility. Thanks to the aluminium layer, once pipes have been curved, they keep the shape.
- Tightness to oxygen diffusion.
- Dimensional stability due to its lower expansion coefficient.
- Long life.
- Higher flow.
Properties of PEX-Al-PEX multilayer pipes
Blansol’s PEX-Al-PEX multilayer pipes have the following physical and mechanical properties:
||Max. work temperature
||Max point temperature
||Max work pressure
||10 bar a 95° C
Advantages of PEX-Al-PEX multilayer pipes compared to metallic pipes
The advantages of PEX-Al-PEX multilayer pipes compared to metallic pipes are the following:
- Frost resistance. In case of frost, multilayer pipes, thanks to their flexibility, will simply expand. This advantage avoids the break risk of metallic pipes.
- Low thermal conductivity. The low thermal conductivity of multilayer pipes produces energy savings as heat losses are reduced.
- Lightness. Multilayer pipes are lighter than metallic pipes. So, handling and transport are much easier.
- Flexibility. The flexibility of multilayer pipes saves time in the installation process.
- Noise reduction. Metallic pipes are very noisy at water speeds exceeding 1m/second. To the contrary, multilayer pipes do not make noise at lower speeds than 2,5m/second.
- Corrosion resistance. Multilayer pipes bear a great number of chemical agents (acids, bases, etc.) and are resistant to any type of corrosion.
- Long lifetime. Multilayer pipes lifetime is bigger than the lifetime of metallic pipes. The lifetime of multilayer pipes can reach 50 years, even at high temperature and pressure conditions.
- Suitable for drinking water. Multilayer pipes keep organoleptic properties of the water and its use is allowed by European Union authorities.
Advantages of Blansol’s PEX-Al-PEX multilayer pipes compared to other ultrasound overlapped multilayer pipes
The welding in Blansol’s PEX-Al-PEX multilayer pipes is “butt welded”. As a consequence, the pipe has a higher resistance to the pressure and to the tensions generated when the pipes are curved.
In the butt welded multilayer pipes, the welding line is the strongest point of the aluminium layer.
There are other multilayer pipes in the market where the aluminium layer is welded by ultrasound. In this kind of pipes the welding line is the weakest point of the aluminium layer with a worse behaviour of those pipes as for their resistance to pressure and to the efforts and tensions generated in the installation process.
For that reason, Blansol has chosen the butt welded technology to guarantee a better behaviour of our multilayer pipes.
Our range of PEX-Al-PEX multilayer pipes
The PEX-Al-PEX multilayer pipes that we offer our clients are the following:
- Nude pipes.
- Corrugated pipes.
- Insulated pipes.
We offer the nude pipes in two different formats: coils (used normally in new installations) and bars (used mainly in the renovations).
In the corrugated pipes the nude pipe is inserted in a red or blue polypropylene duct.
The corrugated duct provides an external protection to the multilayer pipe and lets its quick substitution in case of need with no need to break the wall.
In the insulated pipes an insulating layer of polyethylene foam is added to the multilayer pipe.
The advantages of the insulated multilayer pipes are the following:
- Thermal insulation of the pipe
- Important reduction of the noises and vibrations in the installations
- Resistance to materials used in the construction (lime, plaster, concrete…)
Blansol not only manufactures multilayer pipes but also offers a complete range of multilayer pipe systems. Click here for further information about our 3 fitting systems for multilayer pipes:
Please be informed that Blansol has just launched to the market new ranges of PPSU made fittings as an alternative to the traditional brass made fittings. Visit the pages of the Gladiator, Multipex and ixPress2 systems for further information about the new PPSU fittings.
Finally we remind you that Blansol manufactures 2 types of multilayer pipes: PEX-Al-PEX pipes and PERT-Al-PERT multilayer pipes. Click here for more information about Industrial Blansol’s PERT-Al-PERT pipes.
Do not hesitate to contact us for more information about our PEX-Al-PEX multilayer pipes and about the rest of our range of PEX and multilayer pipes and fittings.
We are sure that we can be an excellent partner for your company, so we are willing to discuss about the possibilities of collaboration between our companies.
Thanks to our condition of manufacturer we can offer you top quality products, a reliable service and extremely competitive prices.
Work with Blansol, forget the intermediaries and save on your PEX and multilayer purchases.